Re: Bleeding Midget 1500 clutch

Subject: Re: Bleeding Midget 1500 clutch
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 23:14:26 -0400
Tyson,
I just put a new master and slave in the 78 Midget. SO starting from bone
dry here's what I did.

Open the slave bleeder. put finger over tip. let assistant pump like
crazy for a few minutes. Then do the "down" "up" thing. Holding finger
over bleeder on "up" stroke. Only took about 10 minuts and 3 -4 refills
of the MC to get it right. Arm is soaked in brake fluid, (DOT 4 DOT 5
Scmot 6). Now have a good clutch feel and everything ;)

Larry

>First of all thanks to all who responded to my
>question regarding the Midget 1500 clutch hose.  I
>now have a nice original red hose that almost
>matches the car's color :)
>
>I'm having a very hard time bleeding the clutch,
>however.  I tried the method of unbolting the
>cylinder to allow the bleeder nipple to be higher,
>and that helped.  Is that the only way to do it
>until it is completely bled?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Tyson Sherman