Re: Thinking about buying a Land Rover?

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Thinking about buying a Land Rover?
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:43:09 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan,
         Interesting. My first car was a 65 Midget, my second was a 60
Land/Rover. I lost track after that (1971) but today I have 5 Land/Rovers,
and no Midgets ;-(  . I've stayed with the Series Landies which the
Defender replaced. Not sure I like dem new fangled coil-sprung V8 cushy
leather things. In fact, you'll find  a division in LR owners tween us and
them.... the discussion rivals and will even surpass the passion of  the
1275 v. 1500 Midget debate. I've never considered the Landie anything but a
UTE (hauling manure, yanking trees, etc.) No SPORT. The Disco is worth a
look, but be sure all the warranty repairs have been done... it'll tick you
off having it parked at the dealer's for a few months.
         Enjoy.    Peter C