re: wheel truing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: wheel truing
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
An excellent article on and instrunctions for wheel truing and tensioning
can be found on Sheldon Brown's web page,
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html

The definitive book on spoked bicycle wheels is by Jobst Brandt.  Its packed
with enough theory and dense analysis to bore anyone to death.  The theory
and practical advice on spoked wheel truing and tensioning does produce the
strongest and longest lasting wheels.  A wheel's longevity and load bearing
capacity are a direct function of spoke tension. The higher the better,
short of the failure point of the rim.  Easily determined on a bicycle
wheel, on a car wheel with the much stronger rims...??

>Some time recently I came across an article, on a web site(?) having
>to do with truing spoke wheels.  It was simple enough to have
>impressed me (meaning I understood it) and I thought I printed it
>(cant find it) or put it into
>a file, or at least book marked it.   Puter died last month and all is
>gone (I should have backed up, I know).  I find I have sore need for
>that information it now.  Does this ring a bell with anyone?  Thanks,
>Larry
>(I know Kevin, you dont like wire wheels.)

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye