Re: Rostyle Wheels

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rostyle Wheels
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 06:47:17 EDT
In a message dated 06/16/2000 7:45:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
froggi@cdsnet.net writes:

<< Fellow Spridgeteers & TR8'ers,

 Soon I'll be putting new tires on the TR8 and am considering having the
 wheels polished (as opposed to painting them gray).  Locally, it cost
 about a buck and a half to have this done.

 I'd appreciate your opinions and comments. >>

A nice idea but remember that Rostyle wheels start to rust about 1 1/2
minutes after you remove the paint.  (BTDT)  If you do have them stripped and
polished, finish them with a powder coat or clear coat of some kind.  I think
you can do a clear powder coat that would work fine.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport