Re: Sweet Sounds

To: "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Sweet Sounds
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:29:10 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The only problem with the Allison was insufficient supercharging
at altitude. Had the horsepower (and sounded better than the
Merlin) below 10,000 feet, but could not compete at 20,000 feet
plus.

Merlins were built by Rolls Royce and also licensed to Packard.
Still are regarded as temperamental and weak in the top end.

"You can fly a radial further than you can ship a Merlin"

Mike L.
60A,67E,59Bug