RE: Home from the DMV...

To: "'Gerard Chateauvieux'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "'Spridgets List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Home from the DMV...
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:58:32 -0700
My 79 Midget would not pass emission testing (done by the previous owner)
until the automatic choke on the ZS was fixed AND the timing was set to 7deg
BTDC.

After it passed, he reset it to 13 so it would actually run...
It runs great now but I guess I will have to retime annually to pass
inspection.

However, I am in Colorado at 7,000 ft.  I don't know if that negates what I
just said.

The Leyland manual says 10deg BTDC for non-CA and 2deg ATDC for CA
(all at idle speed of 700-900).

Those would have resulted in emission test failure.

Good Luck!