Re: Frank's pickup (truck!) problems

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Frank's pickup (truck!) problems
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:37:37 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/26/00 10:59:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< 97 F150 pick up with a jap V6 (so I'm told) 54,000 miles and it
 knocks.(severely)
 I was just about to replace the original spark plugs too.
 So I asked ford for some plugs and a new rod bearings. No bearings
 available for that engine.
 I never had a lick of trouble with the truck but when something goes
 wrong, it goes big time.
 I never had any troubles at all with my other REAL Fords. >>

You can probably get a rebuilt Ford 302 and drop it in for less than
rebuilding the V6.  Don't know if it will mate with the tranny.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport