Re: Exhaust Wrap

To: David Brackman <begowest@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Wrap
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:58:24 -0700
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I think it does the job, especially the stuff that you then soak with
some resin (?).  I have never actually seen this type, but a fellow from
Australia said he could touch his header with his hand now...
The problems seem to be that header doesn't last as long since the metal
now get really hot.  Also, I think it doesn't look that great.
What I do like is Jet Hot coating.  You send in your header and they
will sandblast it, and coat the inside and outside with ceramic coating
that look s almost like chrome.  In insulates and looks good.  Since it
is coated on the inside too, the header should last a long time.  Cost
is around $120 - $150 I think.

Ulix