elec fan only

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: elec fan only
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
I couldn't pass up the opportunity tomorrow with the local forcast calling
for over 100 deg.
I pulled off the plastic fan from my 1275 and anchored the pulley with four
shorter bolts. I hooked up a three position switch with "ON" "OFF" and
"THERMOSTAT".  The cheap on/off sensor from JC Whitney is siliconed to the
top of the thermostat housing.  It turns on when the in-head sensor reads
about 195 and won't shut off until about 175 or so.

Tomorrow at lunch Im going out for a drive in the country and will see how
it does.  If an electric fan only set-up will cool this engine on a 100
degree day, I'm sold on the idea.
(cross flow radiator, Water Wetter, ~10% anti-freeze, stock water pump and
pulley)

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye