Re: Fan off for hot day

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: Fan off for hot day
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:37:49 -0700 (PDT)
Glen,

I'm not sure of the real reason for the 'bypass' from the water-pump to the
head, I think it's original purpose was for cars being used in very cold
climates, where the thermostat might not ever open. The 12g940 head that I'm
running on my car wasn't even drilled for the bypass hose, so I currently have
mine blocked off. I am also running the new 'high-capacity' water pump. I can
tell you that this water pump really moves the water. I've also been told, that
it is a good idea to run with the heater valve wide open all the time, since it
allows more water to flow across the head, and cool the back two cylinders,
which are prone to over heating (this might be pretty critical on your engine
with the turbo).

 - Bryan