Re: $350 for a 210 tranny!! LOL

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $350 for a 210 tranny!! LOL
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
I suspect I know which vendor we mean.  I recently saw
tach drive reduction gearboxes or sale in the sales
flyer for a reasonable amount.  I called to order and
asked if it was made in Taiwan because a local
machinist who looked at the last Taiwan unit I had
that crapped out could not believe the low quality of
the gears and metal.  The guy said "I have no way of
knowing."  I suggested he look at the part, which he
claimed to do. "Nope, no markings."  So I decided to
chance it.  BIG sticker on the baggie it came in -
"MADE IN TAIWAN".  BIG sticker on the part - "MADE IN
TAIWAN."  So it's not all their fault - they are
illiterate, too.

http://mail.yahoo.com/