RE: Lot rot (brake systems) and wheel bearing shims.

To: <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: RE: Lot rot (brake systems) and wheel bearing shims.
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:39:48 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com>, <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <ckotting@core.com>
I missed the first of this thread, so this may have been covered. But
make sure that the brakes are adjusted/bled BEFORE you adjust the parking
brake. If you tighten up the parking brake first, even just a little you
will end up with brakes that need a pump. Why?? Because if the parking
brake is "working" there is a preset to the brake shoes that is different
that what the hydralics are set to. Therefore you get the pump once to
get the shoes to move past where the parking brake is holding them and
again to get the pressure. Get it??

BTDT (and boy did I feel dumb)

Larry

At this exact moment in time 8/28/00 1:17 PM,
Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com made the profound statement:

>Frank,
>I too had a soft pedal that required two pumps... no matter how many times I
>bleed the system, rebuilt the MC and all the wheel cylinders with Lockheed
>OEM parts/seals. You may recall me asking for help.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager
Neuropsychiatry Section