Found a Minor, 59er

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Found a Minor, 59er
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 18:29:35 -0700 (PDT)
At lunch today I went to a local machine shop to get the turbo inlet adaptor
honed out for the 1.5" carb I've been itching to try.  Looking over the shop
owner's shoulder I spotted a Morris Minor 1000 Woody Wagon.  It had been in
for the last 5 months "unstartable" despite quite a bit of work.  I noticed
he had hooked the coil up backwards for a +ground car and had him try an
exposed spark plug to check the spark instead of the neon in-line tester he
had been using.  Sure enough, backwards and weak to boot.  It seems a weak
spark is enough to trigger the tester bulb but not enough to light off the
charge in the cylinder.  When I came back tonight to get the adaptor, it was
done, painted, and free.  The Minor was ticking over nicely for the first
time in 5 months.

The upshot is, the owner wants to sell the car and I think its pretty darn
cute.  The wood is in good shape, paint original and showing no rust
bubbles.  Looks to be rust free, minor dents (sorry), original except for
aftermarket front seats.  1275 w/4sp.  What is the rough price range for a
car like this?  I've got some idea what a spridget is worth, but haven't a
clue whats what with a Minor.

Are you out there Paul A. or already on the road to Palo Alto?

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye