HS4 Overflow Problems update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: HS4 Overflow Problems update
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:04:42 -0800 (PST)
As you may remember my woes listed below.
Well I checked everything I could think of as well as
things others mentioned on the list. Everything
pointed back to the mechanical pump putting out too
much pressure. I put an adjustable fuel regulater
between the pump and the carbs (set it to 3
lbs.)...problem went away.

I want to thank everyone on the list for their help
and advice. I still can't believe I didn't get at
least ONE smart A*s response. (Yes...I mean you Ed)
:o))

Dan

--- Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Well...the 77 Midget has its new engine and it's
> running...sort of.
> I have the 1500 Tr$*!h engine with the UK spec twin
> HS4 carbs. Here's the issue:
> The car starts great but after running for about a
> minute the float bowls start overflowing and gas
> pours
> out the mouth of the carbs.(not a good thing
> considering the cat. is just below the carbs.
> Now...this is what I have done but the problem still
> exists.
> I've replaced the float bowl lids, floats, needle,
> and
> seats. I've tried turning the lids to a different
> position. The fuel pump is the standard mechanical
> pump. I have not replaced this as of yet but I do
> have
> a new QH mechanical pump that I may try.
>
> Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dan
>
> =====
> Dan Dwelley