Dyno was Re: torque III (No LBC?)

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Dyno was Re: torque III (No LBC?)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:46:40 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Ulix,

Be sure the main and aux venturi are in the ball park first (I'm assuming
DCOE).  Jet changes don't take long (if you help do one carb, the operator
the other, the right size jets are in stock) about 10 mins or so.  Each dyno
run can take 10 mins, less depending on what you do on each run.  Calibration
might not be bang on after the first change depending on how far it was
before the change was made, skill of the dyno operator.  Ignition timing can
take  as long as takes to swing it each run.  Change the cam timing and you
will need to optimise ignition as well on that run (fuelling might be ok).

If this the first run on the dyno for the engine figure on 2 hours approx.
Remember you are paying the bill and decide when to call it a day.

The bhp at the wheels figure can vary according to the weather and the dyno
but you ought to see more than you have now (fuelling can be worth 10bhp if
you want to tune for power and not economy/street).

I just luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv spending time on the dyno.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 22/11/00 13:06:10 Pacific Standard Time,