Re: Midget keys

To: Tomsaudi@aol.com
Subject: Re: Midget keys
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 14:57:02 FILETIME=[4B6BAA00:01C05D39]
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Tom,
You should be able to remove the lock cylinder from the door handle and take
it to a locksmith.  He should be able to make keys with the cylinder.
Shouldn't cost a lot.  I did this with a motorcycle once and it cost me $5
for two keys.  The locksmith just had to fiddle a little to get it right.
Taking the cylinder in saves a housecall fee (usually around $50), plus it
lets the locksmith work a lot more easily with something he can hold in his
hand instead of kneeling by your car.
Ryan