Gear Shift Lever

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Gear Shift Lever
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:21:50 EST
Hi folks,
  While moving the car in the garage the other day, I knocked the car out of
gear in to neutral and pieces came flying at me from the shift lever.  It
appears that the plastic (Teflon ?) piece that holds the spring in and sits
under the cap gave up the ghost.  I removed the shift lever and tried to
reattach the pieces with super glue.  Stop laughing. <G>
  Is this common?  Where can I get this piece?  Do I need a whole new
shifter?  If anyone has an idea on this I'm standing by.  I hope this is not
all Santa can afford to bring me!

Lee Collins
'77 Midget