Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup

To: tspeed@carolina.rr.com, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:20:56 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/12/00 1:45:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tspeed@carolina.rr.com writes:

> Having just completed the rebuild of our engine including increasing
> the compression ratio, changing cams, porting the head and converting
> to a     downdraft WEBER!. I am concerned about closing the hood of our
> Midget for first time. (not yet done) How much of an interference fit

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Mine fits.  I guess you can close it slowly to see what kind of clearance
there is.  Maybe put a piece of corregated cardboard on top and see if it is
damaged by the bonnet when you close it.  If you have one of those nifty
telescoping pointers, tape it to the front edge of the carb, pull it up, and
close the bonnet.  Then, when you open the bonnet, you'll see exactly how
much clearance you have.  (Start with the air cleaner removed.)

As a last resort, you might let some air out of the tires.
No...I guess that won't help.  :-)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget