Re: Rear spring restoration

To: Doug Ingram <dougi@home.com>
Subject: Re: Rear spring restoration
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:11:57 -0800
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Doug Ingram wrote:
 Anyone have any thoughts about using Teflon or some other
> plastic material between the leaves? The idea would be to reduce friction
> between the leaves. I would probably have to omit one leaf to make up for
> the added thickness of the plastic material.
>
> Comments?

The Spring shop did something like this to my A40 leafs. Now they clunk
when you hit a bump. The leafs are slapping against each other.
They used teflon or PVC spacer washers, they did not line each leaf just
a few round discs every couple inches. So now they clunk between the
spacers.
--

Happy Healeydays
Frank Clarici