Re: Diff fluid, et al.

To: Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@home.com>, spridgets team <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Diff fluid, et al.
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:30:42 -0800
Steve,

You'll need to pull the axle to replace the gasket and O-ring. Make sure
there is an O-ring in there and examine to see if the O-ring is flattened
or hard. I use Copper Permatex gasket sealer on both sides of the paper
gasket and have never had a leak afterwards. I've done at least 6 hubs this
way. Make sure you use a de-greaser on all contact surfaces, and that all
traces of the previous gasket as well as any burrs are removed before
re-assembling. Tighten things up, but let the gasket sealer set up before
you torque everything down. That way you don't squeeze out all the sealer
out while it's still liquid. I believe this makes for a better seal. Check
the tube for set-up time.

Even if you're screws came loose, the lug nuts should be holding everything
together snugly. I'm not sure how the screw for the axle could come loose
since the drum sits over it.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A