RE: Safety Check

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Safety Check
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:05:16 -0700
When I was a younger man (kid) , Me and a buddy were driving a ' 65 Midget
on an empty stretch of freeway. The road was slightly down hill. We decided
to open the throttle (WFO) , and see what she could do. The car was in 4th
gear and the motor was red lined when all of a sudden the car exploded. The
noise sounded like a shot gun blast. The bonnet had come open and despite
the safety catch, folded backwards across the windshield and whacked each of
us in the head. The bonnet had a crease and two head shaped dents in it.
Despite the lack of forward visibility and by the grace of God, I was able
to slow the car down and pull it over to the side of the road. If I had a
box Sprite I would look into bonnet straps like the ones that Daniel
mentioned in his post. With a Bugeye I suspect it's a non issue.
Happy New Year,
         Mark Hanna
         AN5