Re: Non LBC Age Barometer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non LBC Age Barometer
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:34:56 EST
Re Coke bottles
In a message dated 3/12/01 3:21:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
froggi@cdsnet.net writes:
 Town of the bottling plant the Coke came from!

Right-O, Herb.   When I was stationed at NAAS Whiting Field near Pensacola
around 1968,  sailors were betting big money (I witnessed 2 guys bet their
paychecks)  that their bottle was made  farther away than the other guy's. It
had gotten to the point where someone had taped a huge map of the US on the
wall with a "YOU ARE HERE" string pinned over Milton, and guys would stand
around handing over their dimes to feed the frenzy...  the machine would be
emptied in a couple of days, and free-for-the-taking sodas were all over the
place till one day the machine simply  disappeared, and some other diversion
took its place....