Re: King pin Question

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: King pin Question
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:49:59 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks for the advice I got on my king pin question both recent (last night)
and the stuff from a while back.

DUH, I hadn't appreciated the reamer was tapered and therefore hadn't ran it
all the way through the bearings properly.  Did it again last night and
everything is fine now.

Couldn't find my spare trunnion (did I sell/give it away at Sprite Rush 98)
so have had to order a brand new one so I can get all the shimming & stuff
done before I bung it on the car.  I might even go for a new wishbone while I
am doing the job.

AND not least, if anyone finds that they always get the bearings in the king
pin kit even when they have the bearing fitted and reamed, I wouldn't mind a
spare set so I can recondition stub axles on an exchange basis to help break
even on the price of the reamer {just as well I am sitting down when I
consider the price of the reamer}

Finally, if anyone ever comes across a reamer for the drum brake type stub
axle buy it without hesitation because they are NLA.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 21/03/01 12:40:31 Pacific Standard Time,