The Amazing Jerking Midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: The Amazing Jerking Midget
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 02:31:43 EST
Hey all;

I'm so excited! I got my '79 Midget out for the first "real" run of 2001 this
afternoon. Battery was dead, but a jumpstart and a little primer in the carb
went a long way! So of course the first priority was to get some dry gas and
fill the tank and then I spent an hour joyriding in the 400 weather- with the
top down :)  Anyways, I have a problem I was wondering if any of you guys
have had before. This has been happening since I bought her but I haven't had
anyone tell me what it is exactly. Let me explain...

When I drive at a steady speed, the car starts to sort of "jerk". Not
noticeably from passers by, but I can feel it. The gas pedal is a little
sticky, it doesn't glide smoothly, so i wondered if that might have something
to do with it?? My other thought was it could be the carb. I have the
original carb in it, but the only reason I sway away from that theory is
because I've never had any other problems with the carb. The car runs and
starts like a dream.. you can barely hear it when it's in idle. Anyways, I'm
hoping some of you have some insight into this. Any suggestions would be
helpful and try to keep in mind.. I'm fairly skilled with cars & engines, but
please don't get too technical or you'll lose me... lol

-=Kristen
'79 MG Midget
'01 Mitsu Eclipse

///