Re: A little controversy...

To: ryan_marro@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A little controversy...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:06:17 EST
In a message dated 3/27/01 10:18:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ryan_marro@hotmail.com writes:

> For some REAL controversy:  I'm thinking about that new Subaru WRX.  Have
> you seen those commercials?  One word-SWEET!

We've been discussing it on our autox list.  It looks good but has NO low-end
power.  Power comes on above 3000 RPM.  Typical of new cars.  Stick with a
Spridget.  Much smaller engine, but all the torque you could want in a REAL
sports car.  And as we all know, HP sells cars, but torque wins races.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport