Re: Progress Update and Photos

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Progress Update and Photos
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 04:41:15 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad,

John, in looking at the photos, I notice a ring over
> the shifter gaiter
> and in front of the passenger seat, what are those
> for??

The ring over the shifter is a reverse block out. It
is typically a racing modification that keeps you from
hitting a portion of the reverse gate when shifting
quickly to 3rd gear.

I have a friend
> who is buying a 69 Midget with the wrong seats in
> them, would you trade
> yours for race style seats if he is interested in
> trading for the
> correct ones??

I am needing to keep one the original seats as it will
easily accept my son's booster seat. They are both not
in very good shape any way. The other seat is in
horrible condition.

Are you using the stock spring
> mounts for your two lower
> control arms and how firmly is the upper link
> fastened, did you add a
> cross member to strengthen that link mount?

I assume you are talking about the rear suspension.
The mounting points are strengthened with a 1/4 inch
fabrication that is similar to the mounting that the
leaf springs use.

I can get a digital camera from my office and take
some more detailed pictures if there is interest.

John
http://auctions.yahoo.com/