Re: $2001 Challenge

To: billwalters2@juno.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $2001 Challenge
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:18:13 EDT
In a message dated 05/18/2001 8:05:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
billwalters2@juno.com writes:

> I've read and re-read the article covering the $2001 Challenge in
> Grassroots Motorsports Magazine.  The people who did this are just common
> folk like me. That's what makes the story so great . . . normal people
> doing something just for fun and managing to get the most for their
> bucks.
>    I'm sure there are lots of people on the Spriget list who have stories
> similar to the ones in the mag.  Why don't we share those stories?  I
> think they'd make great reading.

One of the Philly Region SCCA members (Mike Kelley) entered last year and was
in the magazine.  (It was a Dodge turbo something or other.)  It was only
$2000 back then.  :-)  There was a Sprite that did pretty well last year, and
I know it looked great.  A decent paint job would cost way more than $2K, but
the guy shot the paint himself.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget