Re: Wet Ride to Carlisle

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Wet Ride to Carlisle
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:25:26 -0400
Yep,

Travelin' with the top down.
Lots of fun as long as you're moving.

We were on our way to Cape Cod some years ago in my '72 Midget when the skies
opened up.
My passenger was concerned that we should erect the top. I commented to my
passenger that there was nothing to be concerned about, the rain will blow right
over the windshield.

(If anyone has seen Young Frankenstein, insert the scene here where Marty
Feldman
and Gene Wilder are digging the grave and says "Could be worse, could be
raining".)

Just then the traffic ahead of us came to a halt.

By the time we got out of traffic and put up the top, we had almost an inch of
water inside the car and a blown out Sony deck in the console.

Moral of the story? Smoking is hazardous to your health.

PS If Pete Downie from Deep River, CT were on the list, he could tell you how to
erect a Bugeye top in the rain, in traffic, from the inside of the car.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct