Spridgetstock IIa

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spridgetstock IIa
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 00:14:08 -0500
Hey all, just a small note about our weekend, not to say that we
shouldn't have been at Amy's but............. Friday noon, we head
across the great state of Texas bound for Comfort. At around 9-ish, we
arrive, small  detours unrelated to this story.........  We had a
wonderful meal awaiting us, made by our most gracious and culinary
talented host Elizabeth. She attended to my families dietary needs in
the most extravagant ways  ever dreamed of by vegetarians across the
world. I will tell you all, her cooking outdoes my mothers (especially
my mother in laws) and she places a table that competes with a Luby's or
Golden Corral (ok, not quite, but close!!) After supper we retired to
the den and our host takes me completely by surprise by offering an
after dinner tumbler of Don Julio Anejo, on the rocks of course (if you
don't drink tequila, this stuff is real close to the best!!). Breakfast
in the morning was another large buffet to choose from with sausage,
bacon and breakfast links added for the non rabbit attendees! We spent
some time out looking at the various cars
around the property (my buddy Mike is still wanting to V8 an LBC). Col.
Hamilton arrived in his eBay Porsche convertible 944S2. That is a very
nice car that has a HUGE 4 cylinder in it. We were joined by Charlie and
Peggy Robinson of the list and a list lurker, Jim Hurd, brought out his
RB Midget and took it on the longest
ride it had been on in a long time (I have most of those parts ready for
you Jim). He was lured out by the tales of Spridgetstock...............
<G>  He and his wonderful wife Cindy came back for dinner later that
evening. We discussed going on a small road trip to Fredricksburg but
Robert and his two grandchildren were late arriving
and we wanted to wait for them. So we passed the time in true Spritely
fashion, drinking (we missed ya Ed!!). Single Malt Scotch, Shiner,
Tecate, Vampires (Jose Cuervo, Sangria wine, and grapefruit juice)
Buttery Nipples (50-50 mix of Baily's Irish Creme and Butterscotch
Shnapps). The Buttry Wazzits were soon Elizabeth's favorite. Robert did
show up soon but by then there was no real inclination to go anywhere.
Supper was another smorgasbord of treats for all. Turkey, ham, brisket,
as well as a multitude of salads and a mushroom sauce on a pastry shell
for the veggie's. Up again early at it on Sunday, big breakfast and
watch the races (Monaco, Indy, and Nascar). We also had a look at some
pictures that Fisher had taken years back of Andrette, Foyt, and some
others that I forget. We got to look at Buttercup as well as the other
two cars that Fisher is fixing up for racing. Mike was impressed with
the designs of the rear suspension on the cars. All three have different
types of designs. Later that afternoon, Robert brought out a bag with
several Cuban cigars and Elizabeth poured us some of the good Brandy and
we spent some time in the sun, smoking and sipping. I don't smoke, so I
pulled a Clinton (I didn't inhale, REALLY!!)  Later, we took the guns
down by the pond and did some shooting and general noisemaking. All in
all, a wonderful time, full of friendship and camaraderie was had by
all. I wish that more  folks like Jim would come by and hang out to talk
cars. This was just the Spridgetstock reunion. There will be  another
gathering in the fall. I have some photos of us goofing and having fun,
if there was enough interest, I may find a place to put them up for all
to see. List, to post or not to post, that is the