Re: Bleeding my clutch AKA what not to do

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Bleeding my clutch AKA what not to do
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 20:01:49 +0300
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Geoff,
are you implying that your method is better than the 2-person "standard" one
(i.e.
per the shop manual)? When it comes to bleeding brakes and clutches I'm rather
at a
loss too, however everytime I take the cars to a professional they manage to
make
the pedals feel solid, as if all the air is expelled, and they consistently use
the
standard 2-person method.... I watch them do it and it seems perfectly
straightforward to me, but when I get a helper to press the pedal while I turn
the
bleeders, the result is not as good. Go figure...

Needless to say the Eezibleed only manages to get half the air out,
irrespective of
the tyre pressure. Wastes a lot of fluid and the results are not satisfactory.

Evangelos
66 Sprite, 78 Mini, 61 A40, 73 BGT