Re: WFO Herb's note re A-H Rendevous and Oregon......

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WFO Herb's note re A-H Rendevous and Oregon......
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 12:50:33 -0700
Subject: When God Created...

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days.

Eventually, on the 7th day, Michael the Archangel found him resting.
He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of  satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards
through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made".

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said,"What is it?

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it
Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth: "For example, Northern
Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern
Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot.
On this side I've placed a continent of white people and on the other is a
continent of black people." God continued, pointing to different countries.
"This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold
and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a particular spot
that seemed to sparkle like a small jewel and asked, "What's that?"

"CALIFORNIA, the most glorious place on Earth.  There are beautiful lakes,
rivers, streams, sun-filled beaches and exquisite mountains. The people
from  California are going to be satisfied, intelligent and humorous.
They'll be extremely sociable, but modest, hardworking, high achieving.
They will be admired by all who come across them."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about
balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!"

God nodded wisely, "Wait until you see those I'm putting next to them in
OREGON..."
------
Aren't you lucky some of us marvelous folks from California will be gracing
Oregon with our presence?
:o)
Peggy