Re: Blue smoke -sequel

To: Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Blue smoke -sequel
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:23:33 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
The blue color would only be present in the exhaust, since it is a
result of oil being *burned*.  Somehow, oil (and quite a bit of it) is
getting into the combustion chambers.

Some thoughts:

Take a look at the inside of the carbs and manifold.  If there is an
oily film there, you're sucking it in through the crankcase breather.
If not, it's either getting past the rings or the valve guides.

What kind of oil did you use during the break-in period?  When did you
change it?

How much of an overbore?  Are you *sure* you've got the correct pistons
and rings to match the overbore?  (I hesitate to suggest it, but as
someone else said, sometimes mistakes are made.)

Run a compression test.