LBC Clutch puzzle

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC Clutch puzzle
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:48:00 -0700
OK, so along with the blue smoke puzzle, I've got a dandy!  Customer put
in new clutch assembly after an engine swap of 948 to 1275 in a Bug Eye.
Assembly all in and running, can't get clutch release.  Close enough so
he asks me to check it out.  By golly, no clutch release!

One significant item checked out OK, which was:
Slave bled properly, release arm moves adequate amount.

All works well now, I know the answer and it was a new one to me after
more years working on cars than I care to admit to!

First one to get it right, gets a big box of Kudos!  Thinking caps on,
gentlemen start your answers!

Will it help if I say they were amateur DIY's?  (Actually a hair
dresser!)  NO he isn't!!!

Paul A