Re: Freeing Stuck Clutch Discs

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Freeing Stuck Clutch Discs
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:23:40 -0400 FILETIME=[189703A0:01C109C2]
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Speaking of clutch plates rusted to flywheels, does anyone have an easier
method of un-sticking them without removing the engine/trans, or trying to
"pop" it free by rocking the car in gear with the clutch pedal depressed
(didn't work for me, and I didn't want to get too vigorous with this, for
fear of breaking stuff in the transmission)?  (ie) is there any type of
"tool" that anyone has made, or used, that can be stuck through the
inspection hole, or somewhere else, to grab the clutch plate and pull it
loose?

Thanks,
Bob