Soft top installation

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Soft top installation
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:31:57 EDT
In a message dated 7/15/01 4:25:09 PM, asisson@one.net writes:

<< We had
just finished fitting the top and installed the snaps, and was letting it
sit in the sun to warm up and allow the top to stretch, so I took a few
Pictures.  Yeah, I know..I need some pictures with the Top down, and believe
me, it'll mostly be TOPDOWN, but I've got got to be prepared for rain. >>

Andrew:

If you have to stretch the top in the sun before putting it up, how are you
prepared for rain?  Or do the underpasses in Ohio have heaters underneath
them?  What if you can't even find an underpass to hide under?  Suggest you
think twice about leaving the top down for too long without stretching it out
in the sun, putting it on the car, and allowing it to cool down.  We took the
other tack--our custom made top is too loose to be good looking, but it gives
absolutely no resistance to being put up in bad weather.  And like you, we
prefer to go top down if at all possible.

It is a beautiful car and you're justified in being proud of it!!

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)