garage smell - personal recount ( just a scent of lbc )

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: garage smell - personal recount ( just a scent of lbc )
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:57:17 -0400
I have been working on installing our kitchen hood vent.  The inside is
installed and IMHO, looks pretty darn good.  ( measure 10 times and cut
once )  The one that came with the house vented into the garage roof.  This
one does also, but, it will go through the roof 'soon'.  I did not install
the inner damper as there will be one on the exterior.  This leaves me with
a vent that is bringing air in from the garage.  My wife mentioned that the
kitchen was beginning to smell like the garage.  I replied, "Yes.  It smells
nice, doesn't it?'.  The expression on her face was priceless.  Sort of a
small smile that said: 'Whatta guy!  Is he serious?  Yes, he is.  How do I
come back from that?'  So, I continued that the pipe would eventually extend
through the roof.  "I don't want my garage smelling like the kitchen!"  She
never said a word, just kept that smile.

BTW, I cut an access hole through the ceiling to work on this thing and
found that my garage roof is 's?1t'.  I knew that I had to check, cause it
was evidently sagging on the outside.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
'65 RHD BRG AH Sprite
'67 RHD red MG Midget < aka: Miss Marple >