Re: vacuum for Lucas dizzy

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: vacuum for Lucas dizzy
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:13:34 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Geoff,  David Anton also prefers vacuum advance for the street.  The vacuum
must be from the throttle plate, not the intake. Do you have a DCOE?  If so
when you look down on the top of the carbs above the throttle shafts you
will see two cast blank holes.  The inner one either front or back barrel
can be drilled for a vacuum port for the distributor.  Drill a 1/16" hole
"exactly" in the center of the cast hole all the way through (best to use a
drill press), also hold the throttle open.  Then drill a bigger hole about
half way down that will fit the short piece of pipe your using for the hose,
and JB Weld it in.  You now have the proper vacuum port for your
distributor.
        Crash