Re: Rod & Custom

To: RBHouston@aol.com, kturk@ala.net, rickfisk@concentric.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rod & Custom
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:39:14 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/01 11:53:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RBHouston@aol.com writes:

> Hey Keith and list, Anybody read this month's Mechanix's Ilustrated?  Jay
> Leno has an article about his new motorcycle, powered by a surplus Bell
> helicopter turbine!  Says the engine only weighs 130lbs and produces 350HP
> and mucho torque!
>
> I'd say a couple of these would push a land speed bugeye well past the 200
> zone.

I saw that bike on TV -- I think it's called the Millenium.  In addition to
helicopter power, it has an automatic transmission.  I think the manufacturer
said it would do 260 mph, which is a little faster than my Honda Nighthawk
750....

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A