Weber advise sought

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber advise sought
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:40:19 -0400
Side Drafters

My 45 DCOE has been acting up recently.
It seems to me that the idle jets are funky. (50 f9)
They used to be perfect, they are what is recommended for my engine.
The 1st time the acted up, I thought I found a tiny piece of debris in
one of the jets. I blew it out, it was OK for a few days then no good
again.
I switched to a spare set of 50 F9s, it was OK until the rally this
weekend. Blow them out, they are OK for a short while.
Clean carb, clean fuel filter, nothing found in the jets.

Could a different fuel pump (aftermarket unknown oldie) cause this
problem? Too much pressure? Last fall my SU pump finally died so I put
something I had in a crate on and it works.

Never a problem at speed, yeah I know, just don't go slow.
But there were small towns on the rally with 25 mph speed limits and
coming home down the river I hit some of those asian cars that can't do
the speed limit and must not handle at all since they crawl around
gentle curves. This screwed up my carb again.

Smaller idle jets?
fuel pressure regulator?
Don't go slow?

Thanks for any ideas.