Re: geezerette 13:43:15 -0700 (PDT)

To: soavero@yahoo.com (Ron Soave)
Subject: Re: geezerette 13:43:15 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: trev9@earthlink.net (Roy), spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi, geezerette:

The geezers are talking generalities here
and not specifically about those in their
30's.  And, I fly with male and female
first officers in their mid-twenties and early thirties.

Their behaviour to the extent I've observed on and off the job
(overnights)
is beyond reproach, though I admit to not
knowing any of these people on "personal"
terms.

I feel the old geezers are talking "teens"
and earlier, though I may be incorrect.

Today, we have "adults" having kids who,
in some cases, are not "parents" to their
children, to any great extent.

The suicide rate amongst teens is up,
has been for years and is increasing.

"Parents" are at odds with teachers, no
longer working together.

If a parent touches a child in order to
discipline (not to beat or really hurt; we
are not talking child abuse here!) one who cannot yet be reasoned with,
the child
(or others) can bring charges against the
parents.

Yet, we have metal detecters and now cops in schools, and kids shooting
kids.

In short, the above "results" of modern
child rearing techniques speak for them-
selves, GENERALLY speaking.

On the other hand, I have friends who's
teenagers, while not angels, are definitely
good kids, no doubt about it!

Cap'n. Bob
    '61 :{)