Re: Windscreen seals

To: adrian@workgroup.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windscreen seals
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:12:41 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/2001 8:01:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
adrian@workgroup.net writes:

> Is there a resource anywhere, book or website, that shows how to take a
> Midget windscreen apart, replace all the seals, and put it back
> together?

Hi Adrian.  I have not had the misfortune to have had to replace the
windshield as yet, but where others say to use soap, etc. as a lubricant, I
think a slicker substance, and one "in a tube" as opposed to mixing a bowl of
slop, is KY jelly.  It is water-soluble, thus will not harm the rubber, as
petroleum-based goo will, and it is a lot slicker than soap, in my opinion.

BTW, Buddy is a good resource for info on this process.

--David C.