RE: Sport Compact question - no LBC

To: "Eddie Sheffield" <esheffield@prizmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sport Compact question - no LBC
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 04:46:37 -0700 m>
While FWD vehicles won't do wheelies like RWD cars, the transfer of weight
from front to back still happens. This is why FWD vehicles are so hard to
make quick for drag racing. If you look closely the wheelie bars are really
almost touching the ground. As the rear suspension loads when the civic or
whatever launches the front will come up a bit causing massive traction loss
if it wasn't for that baby set of wheelie bars.

That's my theory.

Toby

OK, so I'm sitting here watching Speedvision and they're showing these sport
compact drags - mostly Honda CRXs. And I started wonder, why do you need
wheelie bars on a FWD car? I can't think of any real reason for it, other
than 1) The rice boys think it looks cool or 2) There is some kind of old
rule that was never changed to accomodate the physics of FWD.

Maybe I'm missing something...

Eddie
1971 Midget