Good Ed is ard to find

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good Ed is ard to find
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:14:41 -0400
No joy here!

I adjusted the lash.  Only number 1 needed that kind of adjustment.  It was
too tight.  But, it seems that they all need bushings and at least one
guide.  Number 1 has play.  I didn't check the rest.  There are double
springs and I couldn't see seals.  But here's the question: " has anyone
ever seen #1 rub against the valve cover?

And ... how does one tell if one has forged or sintered rockers?  Sintered
are disposable and forged are rebushable, right?

I figured since nothing was leaking anymore, I would chance a test drive.
There seems to be too much pressure in the engine and it finds the weakest
way out.

Winter project, me thinks.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
'65 RHD BRG AH Sprite
'67 RHD red MG Midget < aka: Miss Marple >