[no subject]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net ttelle.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:23:02 -0400
I have been trying for six months to get the horn on my 1972 Midget to work.
The horn unit is a replacement and is a single horn.  I first inserted an
isolation relay in the ground circuit as the horn would blow all of the time
when connected.  After I installed the relay, though, I could not get
continuity through the ground circuit and now I now why, but I am unsure of
what to do.

Previously, I had replaced the turn signal indicator assembly and after
reinstalling the turn signal assembly, and a lot of tracing, I found the
horn ground contact arm, that contacts the back of the steering wheel was
not making contact with the steering wheel.  My question, can I tighten the
steering wheel nut to force the horn arm to contact, or should I bend the
contact arm to force the contact into the back of the steering wheel?

If I bend the arm, I am concerned that I will break it or that that it will
not stay bent permanently.  If I tighten the steering wheel nut, can I over
tighten?