Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:13:56 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/01 12:16:06 PM, Ajhsys@aol.com writes:

<< So those of us who actually take a few minutes every month to check our
tires
have to foot the bill for the extra cost because some idiots don't know any
better. >>

Well, Allen, doesn't it sound better to pay for their lack of vigilance than
have to risk traveling on the roads with those same idiots.  The other day,
the tread on the properly-inflated tire on our motor home separated.  At 65
mph it was a frightening experience; the tread tore up a great deal of the
bottom of the motor home and penetrated two layers of metal and plywood,
leaving a hockey puck sized bit of tread just behind my seat.  In this case
underinflation had nothing to do with it--the tire actually was properly
inflated when they took it off.  Thank God nobody got hurt.  The insurance
company is taking care of the coach.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)