Blue skies

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Blue skies
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:59:47 -0500
So tell me, then, as long as everyone is so busy, why is it in the mornings
en route to work that almost immediately as my temp gauge needle moves off
of nothing there is a momentary eructation from the tailpipe of blue smoke.
This despite pushing the choke in early, or leaving it out too long.
Regardless of the ambient air temp, and almost always at the same point
into my drive, 2-3 minutes, this occurs. It acts, and feels, almost like a
"gulp" that happens when the thermostat opens. Short of driving to work in
a different direction to solve this, any thoughts on the reason? There
doesn't seem to be any harm to the Sprite, just an overwhelming sense of
environmental guilt on my part.  Maybe I should run bean oil to assuage my
conscience and soothe my olfactory (and prepare myself for the forth-coming
sauerkraut factory emissions 2 miles farther that add a certain je ne sais
quoi to my morning coffee)
        Thanks for listening.
        Peter C     67 GFT SPRT