Re: Oh Deer!

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oh Deer!
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:20:18 -0700
Gary & I live in western Oregon, just down the road from where an elk
was struck by a motor home about two years ago. The elk was knocked on
to a Datsun pickup traveling the opposite direction. Both occupants were
killed, as was the elk. So naturally, I get stopped and checked for DUII
on my way home from work on Saturday nights because I am driving 45 in a
55 mph zone on a twisty country road. When I told the idiot deputy that
it was the opening weekend of hunting season and the road was crawling
with deer, he said "Oh yeah, I hit one myself just a couple weeks ago".
This is what happens when we issue badges and pistols to children.
Kate
Kate

Deer Hunters (?)

I grew up in western Oregon; deer are a pushover.  Try a 400# black
bear.  Heavy and very dense.  Put a buddie's engine in the front seat,
but
boy did we stop.