Re: Aeroscreen on a Sprite?

To: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: Aeroscreen on a Sprite?
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 23:58:13 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
"Louis Mehr (EML)" wrote:

> Good morning listers,
>
> Does anyone have any experiences of:
>
> (i) fitting a crazy little aeroscreen on a Sprite?
> (ii) how the car drives with an aeroscreen in place (draughty, noisy and fun,
>I imagine)

  I put a pair on my B:

http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/mgb/

  And have been in a sprite that has them (second
car down in this page):

http://www.hallville.com/MeettheStaff.Html

  They are REALLY fun but really impractical. Really,
they don't do a lot, you are mostly just outside.

  The other problem is that with them you have no option
of a top at all, which to me really limits the use
of the car. Getting stuck in the rain is extremely
unpleasant without a windshield.

  I had to carry a set of shop goggles around just in
case I got stuck in rain. When it's raining hard you
just can't even keep your eyes open they keep
flinching shut and it gets really scary.

  Really look good, really fun, really impractical.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca