Re: Problems with a New Bugeye

To: HealeyBN4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Problems with a New Bugeye
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:36:02 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Had the exact same problem with my 60 Bugeye. I had all original wireing
in it. Turns out the switch had worn and had a spot in it that caused a
short to the taillights. this combined with an overheated tailight
socket caused the wire to smoke under the dash. Turning off the
headlights often turned off the ignition. I cleaned the switch and found
a stiff black residue that washed off and restored smooth headlight and
ignition switch operation. I also patched the wire and replaced the
drivers side taillight socket. I'm not sure which of these fixed the
problem, but it did go away.
Bruce Lowry