Re: Huge File from ED? - reply!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Huge File from ED? - reply!!
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:46:08 -0500 FILETIME=[5B912870:01C153AA]
I'm on the list and did not recieve it, but did want to warn.

>B]  Sorry the various idiots receiving it could not READ the file
>extension,
>i.e. jpg, gif, doc, txt, OR mpeg.

I work in the computer room for ABF, and not all viruses use the .exe
extension.  This is mearly a tag to help people understand what a particular
file may be.  And the typical virus producing jerk doesn't want to help
anyone understand what his file is.  I have even sat and watched as one
virus bounced off our firewall, changed the filename and extension and tried
again and again.  It even went so far as to make extra files with different
names and extensions.

I am not trying to get in the middle of this, so there. ;-p   Just a
warning.  Discrection is the better part of not losing everything on your
drives.

Matt